Contact Us in the UK
- Phone: 01302 811319
- Mailing Address: 24 Elmfield Road, Hyde Park, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN1 2BA
Contact Us in the US
- Phone: 202.468.4571
- Mailing Address: PO Box 5188 Wheaton, IL 60189-5188
Andy Upton is the pastor of Knighton Evangelical Free Church in Leicester. He spoke on Saturday morning on Matthew 6:11-12
The heartbeat of mission is dependence on God. Think of the disciples sent out without any provisions, or Hudson Taylor and George Mueller.
The order of the Lord’s Prayer is important.
Three petitions of a dependent people:
- God is the good giver of good gifts. He’s not made in our image. We’re selfish and stingy, he’s not (Matthew 7:7ff).
- I am proud. I don’t want to acknowledge that I need help.
- How can we avoid attitudes and lifestyles that weaken our dependence?
- How can we grow to become more dependent?
- Matthew 18:35 tell us: So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.
- Matthew 6:14 tells us: For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
We’re dependent on him for our provision, for our forgiveness, and for the power to forgive others. But when we depend on him, we’re a very powerful people.